Stopping - depth into document?

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Regie

Stopping - depth into document?

Post by Regie »

I have the latest version 4. At the present position in the text, it stops at the word "sin" (highlighted below) and breaks it into "s in"

Sin wars against the soul; and wherever there is war, there is, more or less, disquietude: it cannot be without it. There is a war, an intestine war, in the heart of God’s people. Abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul. {1Pe 2 verse 11}, I see a law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, bringing me into captivity to the law of sin, which is in my members. {Ro 7 verse 23}, What is to be seen in the Shulamite, but as it were the company of two armies, flesh and spirit, sin and grace, warring one against another? It is sin that breaks the peace of God’s people, and interrupts their communion with God. Sometimes there is no rest in their bones, because of their sin. They roar, as David says, because of the disquietness of their heart. They groan, being burdened with a body of sin and death. This interrupts their communion with God. Their iniquities seperate between God and them. Though the union between them and God cannot he dissolved, the bond of which is his everlasting and unchangeable love; yet sin separates with respect to communion. It causes God to hide his face from them, and this occasions disquietude.

I can take the same paragraph and insert it immediately after this paragraph and it zips right on through it correctly.

Has anyone else had a problem like this and perhaps found what is causing the trouble?

Thanks,
Regie
Regie

Re: Stopping - depth into document?

Post by Regie »

Maybe I solved my problem. I guess time will tell. But, I went to the Settings, Speaking Rules, Automatic Pauses and cleared all the boxes there. Now it goes right on through it like it should.
Regie
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Hi Regie

I'd like to get more information on this problem if you don't mind. Please set up your speaking rules so that the problem returns. Then display the TextAloud Settings dialog and click Advanced Settings in the left panel. At the bottom of the Advanced Settings panel turn on the Verbose Logging option. Now duplicate the problem with verbose logging enabled. Verbose logging should turn off automatically after 1 request, so if you need to try multiple times, you'll need to go back to Advanced Settings and turn the verbose logging option on again.

After duplicating the problem send a problem report from the TextAloud menu. Click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem and reference this issue in the problem report text.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Regie

Post by Regie »

Let me just plow on with what I have at the time as I am ok now since I unchecked all the things in "Speaking Rules, Automatic Pauses" which were I guess default checks. All seems to be working well now and I am liking the new version 4.

Thanks,
Regie