Suggestion: Option to repeat each sentence x times

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Aromor

Suggestion: Option to repeat each sentence x times

Post by Aromor »

An option to repeat each sentence x number of times is really helpful when listening to a foreign language or when listening in a noisy/distracting environment. If you miss something the first time, you can then concentrate and hear it better the second time. Also good for learning pronunciation of difficult words.
eric1937smith

Re: Suggestion: Option to repeat each sentence x times

Post by eric1937smith »

Highlight sentence. Then pressing Ctrl+Alt+C lets you listen as many times as you please. When finished, press F9.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

In addition to 'loop speak' described in previous post, there is a new feature in TextAloud 4 that allows you to repeat text a fixed number of times then continue on with the remaining text. It is implemented as a "Repeat" tag, under the Insert Tags menu. To use the new tag, select the text you would like to repeat, then from the menu click Insert Tags -> Repeat -> Prompt For Number of Repeats. After entering a repeat count, TextAloud will wrap the selected text in a repeat tag. For example:

{{Repeat=2}}This text is spoken two times.{{/Repeat}}

Let me know if you have questions about using this.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Dierksche

Post by Dierksche »

Hello,

my simple solution for this problem (in german language) is with Regualar Expressions:

Text matching:Regular Expressions:
(\b.*?[)\w-,äöüAÖÜ1-90]{4,}[.])+

Pronounce using: Respell:
$0 (for 1xtime repeating every senstence)

Case Sensitive: Yes

:P
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

I don't know of any limits or common values being used. If you use the {{repeat}} tag and run into an upper limit or any other problems please let me know.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com