TextAloud 3

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

BNPreslar

TextAloud 3

Post by BNPreslar »

I downloaded TA3, three times and everything seemed OK. But when I tried to pull it up, I got the notification of access violation @ 00404D94 at address 00000000. I went in and uninstalled my TA3 and reinstalled it. The results were the same. Jim, you've worked with me before, I'm Barry Preslar. I had problems with windows 10, went back to windows 8.1 and have been unable to get it working on my latest version of windows.

Thanks.
Jim Bretti

Re: TextAloud 3

Post by Jim Bretti »

Can't say for sure but sounds like a TextAloud configuration file might be corrupt. Please do this ... open Windows Explorer, and copy this path into the address bar at the top:

%userprofile%\appdata\local\nextup\textaloud

Press the enter key to go this directory. In the directory locate these four files:
TextAloudMP3.dbg
TextAloudMP31.dbg
TextAloudMP32.dbg
TextAloudMP33.dbg

Attach these files to an email and send to me at jim@nextup.com. The debug files should help with seeing where the problem is.

After you've sent the debug files, try following the instructions at viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6443. This will reset all TextAloud settings to their defaults, there's a good chance this will fix the problem.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
BNPreslar

Post by BNPreslar »

Jim.
Just some information, I'm no longer using Internet Explorer. I'm using google chrome. Also, I read your e-mail to open Windows Explorer, I have a problem doing this. I need a little more advise. Where do I find Windows Explorer, to paste the info. I don't know where to look. Aslo, to let you know, I uninstalled TextAloud and reinstalled it, with the same results. Also to try and eliminate this problem, I repurchased the TextAloud and requested a disk to install it from. I don't know how long it will take to get it here. Also, an update to adobe reader overwrote my Norton security with Macafee and I had to get Microsoft to correct that problem. At the same time, is it possible that part of my microsoft speech link was messed up? I don't know where to look for what. Is there any way that I can talk with someone with your company. With my injury, this is a hard way for me to get support.

Thanks,
barry.preslar@yahoo.com
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Hi Barry

I think we had some problems with email addresses, I just mailed you a reply. When you reply, be sure you're using my email address, jim@nextup.com. I'll work with you via email to get your issues resolved.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com