TextAloud Version 3.0.85 is available

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Jim Bretti

TextAloud Version 3.0.85 is available

Post by Jim Bretti »

You can download TextAloud version 3.0.85 from: http://www.nextup.com/files/ta3.exe

Release notes are at http://tinyurl.com/ta3releasenotes1
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
salatielbc

Re: TextAloud Version 3.0.85 is available

Post by salatielbc »

The function Past (CTRV+V) doesn't work. It was working 3 days ago.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

We hear this problem reported occasionally, it generally has to do with anti-virus software. Please see the post at viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6817.

If this doesn't help, please send me an email (jim@nextup.com) and we'll look into the problem further.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Bethsaida

Post by Bethsaida »

I installed this and finally it works, but with a major exception. The "Speak Highlighted Text" and "Speak From Cursor" radio button options are grayed out. The only thing available is "Speak Entire Page" which means I would hear all the code and everything. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

If you're seeing this problem in the Firefox or Internet Explorer addins, the problem usually has something to do with the web page. Basically the toolbar is not able to detect the text selection.

If possible, please send me an email containing a link to the page and I'll take a look, send it to jim@nextup.com. If its a service you log into, like web mail, just let me know what the service is.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Penguins

Post by Penguins »

Bethsaida wrote:I installed this and finally it works, but with a major exception. The "Speak Highlighted Text" and "Speak From Cursor" radio button options are grayed out. The only thing available is "Speak Entire Page" which means I would hear all the code and everything. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!
The way to get all the options available is to highlight word. "The all three options become available.