TextAloud Hangs Whenever new Text is Highlighted While Speak

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Slartibartfast

TextAloud Hangs Whenever new Text is Highlighted While Speak

Post by Slartibartfast »

This has been a problem for quite a while now and I've been expecting it to be addressed with an update but it doesn't seem to be.

It first started happening after an update but unfortunately I can't remember when it was, other than it being quite a while ago (like years ago).

I mainly use "Paul" from NeoSpeak and have TextAloud "WatchMouse" and perform a "Vocal Proofread" whenever I highlight anything. Whenever Paul is currently speaking if I accidentally highlight more text a second "Vocal Preview" window momentarily flashes open then closes again and TextAloud stops speaking and hangs. I have to kill the program (by right clicking on the launch bar and clicking "Close Window") then re-start TextAloud to use it again. This only happens when I have the action set to "Vocal Proofread", and only happens when Paul is the active voice. With Microsoft Anna a new window opens and starts reading however the old window doesn't close automatically.

Any idea what is causing this issue?
Last edited by Slartibartfast on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Bretti

Re: TextAloud Hangs Whenever new Text is Highlighted While Speak

Post by Jim Bretti »

Not sure what could be causing the problem, we should be closing the first proofreader window when you highlight the second text selection. Would you please duplicate the problem and send a TextAloud problem report? From the TextAloud menu click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem, and in the problem report text, just make a brief reference to this issue
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com