Mac Pro, VMware Fusion & Audio Anamoly

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Gtarr

Mac Pro, VMware Fusion & Audio Anamoly

Post by Gtarr »

I have tried to use Textaloud 3 in conjunction with my Mac Pro, VMware Fusion 5.0 & Windows 7 (all fully updated). The results are less than desirable. The resulting anomalies manifest themselves as audible "pops" that are truly distracting. The same document read through a Vista based machine produces a "pop" free result. I use the same combination (Mac Pro, VMware Fusion 5.0 & Windows 7) and Adobe Audition 3 and Premiere CS3 with any issues. Any ideas?
Jim Bretti

Re: Mac Pro, VMware Fusion & Audio Anamoly

Post by Jim Bretti »

Haven't heard this before, maybe there is someone else using Fusion that could help?

I run Fusion 5.0 on a Macbook Pro here, Windows 7 guest running TextAloud. I have not noticed the problem, but there is a good article at http://blog.bryansmart.com/2012/02/16/l ... or-vmware/ that seems to describe the problem you're having. The article sounds like it is saying that it is possible to increase audio buffer sizes in a VM to get better sound quality, but you may see some delay as a result.

If I run across anything else I'll post it.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Gtarr

Re: Mac Pro, VMware Fusion & Audio Anamoly

Post by Gtarr »

Dear Jim:

Once again, thank you for your assistance.

I have decided to approach this issue in a completely different manner; As this issue seems to revolve around VMware Fusion, and the product's settings, I will abandon VMware Fusion as it was an evaluation copy. Instead, I will start over and reinstall everything along with Windows 8 using Bootcamp. Upon completion of that process, I will post the my discoveries thereafter.

Best regards,

Gtarr