Pronunciation Dictionary wiped

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

cats-eye

Pronunciation Dictionary wiped

Post by cats-eye »

In Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance, I clicked "edit dictionary".

I changed "Language" from * to English and changed Dialect from * to United States.

I clicked Ok. It said, "A dictionary called "My Dictionary already exists."

So I renamed the dictionary and clicked okay.

I then clicked "edit dictionary" and changed the name back to "My Dictionary".

Shortly afterwards, Text Aloud crashed. When I reopened it, the ENTIRE CONTENTS of My Dictionary (several hundred entries) had disappeared forever.

I have since repeated this (with a small test dictionary).

The crash message says, Access violation at address 05B177D1 in module 'AcaTtsSapi5.dll'. Write of address 05B3810C

Could this bug be fixed in an update please?
Jim Bretti

Re: Pronunciation Dictionary wiped

Post by Jim Bretti »

I just placed a TextAloud update at http://www.nextup.com/files/ta3.exe that should fix the problem you're having with saving the dictionary. Please try installing this update and make sure you can save the dictionary without needing to rename it.

The crash message you're seeing is looking like it is coming from the Acapela voice engine, so not sure why that would be happening. If you continue seeing this error after installing the update, please send me a problem report from TextAloud. From the help menu, click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem, and just reference this issue in the problem report text.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
cats-eye

Re: Pronunciation Dictionary wiped

Post by cats-eye »

The dictionary problem seems sorted, thank you.

(There is another relatively minor crash problem, which I'll put in a new thread.)