RealSpeak- Cantonese Version: sin-ji problem?

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

hectorso

RealSpeak- Cantonese Version: sin-ji problem?

Post by hectorso »

:cry: I just bought and downloaded the sin-ji from RealSpeak. I experienced the following problems:
1. the cursor is not updated properly during operation.
2. it pronounced the punctuation such as dash "-" which I don't expect, but I want a solution about it.
3. this software seems to me that it didn't recognize the punctuations such as commas, colons or periods because I didn't recognize any pause time or waiting time during Speak operation
4. I tried to correct some pronounciation with dictionary under TOOL, it is very difficult to make change. Do you any info for this software?
5. Any update for this software soon?

sincerely,
Hector SO.
Jim Bretti

Re: RealSpeak- Cantonese Version: sin-ji problem?

Post by Jim Bretti »

Hi Hector,

Are you able to send me a sample of text where you're having these problems? Please send to me at jim@nextup.com.

Thanks
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
hectorso

Post by hectorso »

Hi Jim,
Here is the text I have the above problem

生活健康
--食物的養份與解析

今天首先要感謝湯先生和吳小姐,提供這麼好的地方讓大家來共聚;也要感謝許老師給我這樣一個機會,來跟大眾講話;當然,最重要的就是感謝各位來這裡。
今天許老師給我的題目是「生活健康 --食物的養份與解析」,我本來想用閒談的方式來說,但是後來覺得這樣有點兒草率,過意不去,所以來此之前的三十分鐘裏,我就寫了一張大綱,依這個綱要來講,應該會講得好一點。

Please take a look and test it.
Hector
hectorso

Post by hectorso »

Hi Jim,
The dictionary file is working well in terms of time and duration. That is very good! Thanks for your support. But the screen cursor update during Speak operation does not operate properly when two individual characters with modified or updated pronunciations showing in sequence. The reason I updated the pronunciation is that the intonation was incorrect. It sounds something else!!! because of improper intonation.

Can you give any suggestion to handle this issue ?

sincerely,
Hector.