Use textaloud on asp.net web page, windows 2008 server

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

baltasarb

Use textaloud on asp.net web page, windows 2008 server

Post by baltasarb »

We would like to run an application TextAloud 3.0 in asp.net vb from a Windows 2008 Server R2 64bit. Before buying the license we see that it works correctly and I hope you can help. I tried to register in your forum so that someone could help me but I have not been activated.

We tried to use the API as the tutorial says to create mp3 files but always gives the same error: Can not Create ActiveX Object, we could not solve in any way.

After, we have used the command line to generate the mp3 from within the asp.net application and we have not achieved success, here will I detail the error:

Code: Select all

Microsoft Windows [Versi¢n 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Reservados todos los derechos.
c:\windows\system32\inetsrv>E:\TACommand\TACommand /fromfile=F:\voces\prueba.txt /tofile=F:\voces\prueba.mp3 /voice="ScanSoft Monica22 (Spanish)"
Access violation at address 004642F9 in module 'TACommand.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFE
Hope you can help us solve these problems or tell some real example that works for asp.net

Thank you very much, I hope your answer.
Jim Bretti

Re: Use textaloud on asp.net web page, windows 2008 server

Post by Jim Bretti »

We'll need to take a look at debug information from your system. The best thing to do would be to display the TextAloud main window, speak a small sample of text with Scansoft Monica, then submit a TextAloud problem report using Help -> Support -> Report A Problem. Just reference this issue in the problem report text.

Thanks
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com