Line numbering capabilities

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

PHenry1026

Line numbering capabilities

Post by PHenry1026 »

Line numbering capabilities needed for TextAloud Dictionaries and the ability to go to a specific line number and still be able to see the entries above and below the line to which you have gone.

Right now it is virtually impossible to edit a large dictionary properly because even if you find the line that is causing the problem with the search filter, you cannot go to it to insert lines above or below it.

The line numbering could be as unobtrusive as those in the NoteTab Text Editor.

P.S. Is there a representation for an audible beep or alert sound that can be placed on the respell line?
Last edited by PHenry1026 on Sun May 12, 2013 6:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jim Bretti

Re: Line numbering capabilities

Post by Jim Bretti »

I just placed an updated version of TextAloud at http://www.nextup.com/files/ta3.exe. I updated dictionary maintenance to preserve the currently selected dictionary entry when a filter is removed. So hopefully this will help some, since you should be able to use the filter to locate the dictionary entry you're looking for, select the entry and remove the filter. I realize we need to improve here, but this should help. I'll look into adding row numbers to the table, and we probably need a Find function under the edit menu as well.

On the question about sound, you should be able to include an audio clip tag as part of your respell string, where you specify the file name of a sound to be played. For example, your respell string can contain something like this:

{{Audio=C:\Users\Jim\Documents\Audio\Clips\hello.mp3}}

The audio clip can be a wav, mp3 or wma file, and note that the file must be fully qualified.

Please give the pronunciation dictionary update a try when you can and let me if you have any problems with it.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
PHenry1026

Re: Line numbering capabilities

Post by PHenry1026 »

Hi Jim,

I tested the update and it works great for me.

Thanks,