Fade Out and Per Article Settings

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

BobD

Fade Out and Per Article Settings

Post by BobD »

I am new to the world of TA, and really liking it so far. I am using it to create custom relaxation audios, and so I am having TA read my script and play some background music. Currently I have to run the exported file through Audacity to add a fade out, so that once the speech has completed the background audio fades out gracefully. It would be really good if TA could have this option built in. I've just done a search and seen that this has been requested before here, where it states it has been added to the todo list. Is this still on the list?

Also, what would be good for me would be if the Audio File Options (sorry, not at home at the moment so can't check the correct text, but the one which allows you set the tags, and the background audio, and a few other things) could be set at a per Article level. And even if the text could be stored at an Article level.

What I mean is some kind of Project, which would contain the name of the text file to speak, the audio file options (background file, fadeout etc), and any other relevant options. That way, I could for instance have 3 projects, all of which speak the same text, but output it with a different background file, different tags - not just based on time/date/article name, different audio settings etc).

Of course, this may already be possible, in which case could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Jim Bretti

Re: Fade Out and Per Article Settings

Post by Jim Bretti »

Hi BobD

Fade out for background audio is still on the to do list, I'll try to get to it soon. We've talked a little about grouping various settings, like audio file settings, audio file tags, voice settings, active pronunciation dictionaries, and so on into groups that you could then assign to articles, or whatever text you're currently speaking. Basically allow you to easily switch between commonly used configurations. I think this would be really nice to have, and it is something we're looking at down the road.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
BobD

Re: Fade Out and Per Article Settings

Post by BobD »

Great! Thanks for letting me know.