Phoneme Helper & Character No Longer Functional

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

PHenry1026

Phoneme Helper & Character No Longer Functional

Post by PHenry1026 »

The Phoneme Helper & (Word Boundary) Character in TA3 is no longer working.

Percy Henry
Jim Bretti

Re: Phoneme Helper & Character No Longer Functional

Post by Jim Bretti »

The word boundary symbol doesn't seem to work for me either, but I'm not exactly sure where it stopped working, or if it ever worked at all. Was the word boundary symbol working for you in a previous version of TA3? Or, was it working in TA2 and has never worked in 3? Also, which voice are you working with?

If you have an example that was working at one time it might help if you post it.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
PHenry1026

Post by PHenry1026 »

Jim, this feature was working up to Version 3.0.10. I first noticed the problem in Version 3.0.12 when the following regex/phoneme combination crashed TA3:

(?#asylum seekers)(?m)(?<=^|\s)['"‘“\p{Pi}\p{Ps}\p{Pd}]{0,2}asylum seekers(?=[^'’‘´a-z])(?=\s|\b|’|”|\p{Po}|\p{Pe}|\p{Pf}|\p{Pd})

ax - s ay 1 l ax m & s iy 1 k ax r s -

I had to change the phoneme to ax - s ay 1 l ax m - s iy 1 k ax r s -

I had about 40 other regex/phonemes combination that employed &, and I had to change them all.

Percy Henry.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

I didn't realize you were seeing TextAloud crash, I'm not seeing that here.

If you deactivate all your existing dictionaries, then create a new dictionary containing just the 'asylum seekers' entry below, do you see the crash? I'm not seeing a crash when I try it myself.

If you're seeing TextAloud crash it might help if I could look at the TA debug information. If you're prompted to send an error report after TA crashes go ahead and send it, otherwise restart TextAloud, click help -> open data folder, and send me the files TextAloudMP3.dbg, TextAloudMP31.dbg, TextAloudMP32.dbg and TextAloudMP33.dbg.

I'll look at the updates since 3.0.10 and see if I can spot anything that may be causing this.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

This problem should be fixed in version 3.0.15. Try the latest build at http://www.nextup.com/files/ta3.exe.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
PHenry1026

Post by PHenry1026 »

Greetings Jim,

I installed the new update and it seems to have cleared up the problem. Thanks a lot.

On another note, I just don't understand why at this point users are not able to save the results of a filtered search to a new dictionary. Last night I spent hours entering the result of a filtered search into a new dictionary. This task should have only taken me a few minutes to do.

Percy Henry
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

On the part about saving filtered search results to a new dictionary see this post: http://www.nextup.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6209
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
PHenry1026

Post by PHenry1026 »

Jim, got a chance to check out the new move/copy feature and it seems great!

Your willingness to constantly improve this product is greatly appreciated by me and I hope the rest of the TA community.

Thanks,

Percy
SFCurley

Post by SFCurley »

Ditto that! SINCERELY appreciated.