problem installing upgrade to 3.0.12

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

tploy

problem installing upgrade to 3.0.12

Post by tploy »

I've downloaded the 3.0.12 upgrade but when I execute the program I get an install error popup: error
Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. setup aborted. Error 5: access is denied.
is there any help available. Also, I'm still having the problem of recognition of the installed acapella voices when I upgraded from 2.x to 3.0. I've reinstalled and it still doesn't recognize them in the system I was hoping that the 3.0.12 corrects this but it's not installing.
Jim Bretti

Re: problem installing upgrade to 3.0.12

Post by Jim Bretti »

The most likely explanation I can think of is that antivirus software on your system is preventing the installer from writing to / running programs from the temporary directory used by the installer. Can you try disabling your antivirus temporarily and see if you're able to run the install?
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
tploy

Post by tploy »

I've tried disabling my antivirus by going into Windows Vista System configuration and running selective startup disable all except Microsoft, then rebooted and tried installing again but it still gives the same error code 5 on the temp file access denied. Any other helpful suggestions? I've also tried with same results TA3014 as well.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

If it isn't your antivirus I'm not sure what it could be. There is a new installer at http://www.nextup.com/files/ta3.exe, maybe give that a try and see if it behaves any differently. If this one fails as well, try disabling your antivirus again.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
tploy

Post by tploy »

Don't know what the problem was installing the 3.0.12 version but it correctly installed the 3.0.26 update no glitches except in IE9 toolbar.as posted in new querry. thanks for the suggestions.
tploy

Post by tploy »

Update of situation:

I've updated to version 3.0.54 and I no longer have issues with the IE9: TA toolbar. It works fine except for 2 L&H Voices Specifically Michael and Michelle but that isn't the concern here. Unfortunately none of the Acapella Voices even show up Yet even in TA 3054. So Once again I'm still looking for a solution to get the Acapella Voices functioning. They haven't worked for me since I upgraded from TA 2. and Since I purchased 6 TA Acapella Voices I'm not going to spend additional money on the same voices to get them to work in Infovox where only 4 of them even show up as installed but unlicensed leaving 2 of them completely unrecognized. I'm wondering if the install files I have are not compatible with the ta3 series seeing as I purchased them back when Ta2 was available?
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

For the Acapela voices, here is what to do. From your Windows start button, display the Control panel, and go the control panel that lets you uninstall programs. If you're running Windows Vista or later, check to see if the Version column is displayed. If you don't see the column right click one of the column headings and configure the Version column to be visible.

Then, scroll through your list of installed programs, and find your Acapela voices. Note the version numbers displayed for the voices. If you're running Windows XP, you'll need to click a link labeled "click here for support information" ... that will display the version numbers.

Go to the TextAloud main window and click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem. Include the version information in the problem report text, and hopefully we'll be able to solve this.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com