Make audio file lyrics with pronounciation dictionary entry

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Cel123

Make audio file lyrics with pronounciation dictionary entry

Post by Cel123 »

basically as the subject says, the audio file lyrics should be kind of a transcript of the audio, so it should incorporate any pronounciation dictionary maintenance entries, which in my testing it currently does not.

would be great to have an option to choose to apply the pronounciation dictionary entries, or just have this applied by default.

thanks for a great product!
Jim Bretti

Re: Make audio file lyrics with pronounciation dictionary entry

Post by Jim Bretti »

We'll put this one on the list to look at. We decided to implement the way it is at least initially because of how often respell is used to place odd spellings / punctuations in the text to improve the pronunciation of certain words. But for sure there are times when it would be better to incorporate the dictionary updates. I placed this one on our enhancement list, we'll look at it later and see what we can do.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Cel654321

Re: Make audio file lyrics with pronounciation dictionary entry

Post by Cel654321 »

this has continued to be a rather sought-after feature for my use-cases, especially when converting pdfs into mp3, and using regular expressions to clean up the text automatically (so it is listenable).

e.g. appended below is something that happens with pretty much every imported pdf, and i have been able to set up textaloud to skip this kind of thing on every page; But, the lyrics in the output mp3 file still looks like garbage unfortunately, making the lyrics feature useless :( As a result, so far i have manually cut those bits out of text, but this requires a lot of effort and wont work in the long term...

in conclusion, two questions:
1) is it likely that an option to output filtered text into the lyrics will appear?
2) alternatively, is there a way to get access to the filtered text manually e.g. a button for copying filtered text into clipboard, so that i could then, in one go, replace the article text with cleaned up text that will be actually spoken in the mp3 file?

and again, thanks for a great product!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... addiction involves changes in the brain that lead people to do things against their will.

TOAC04 8/5/05 13:58 Page 76

n

Now would be a good point to bring in a distinction that has not figured highly in the theories ...