Percentage reset

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

shmuelh

Percentage reset

Post by shmuelh »

I thought I sent this earlier, but it didn't seem to have gone through.

Unlike Version 2 (unless there's a setting in 3 I missed), whenever I Pause the text, the % meter (bottom right) resets to 0%. For example, if I pause after having heard 75% of the total, when I Resume, the meter reads 0%, and all its readings from then on will be based on the last 25% rather than on the whole file.
Jim Bretti

Re: Percentage reset

Post by Jim Bretti »

Thanks, I'll try to get this fixed in one of the next few builds.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
pocketpc

Post by pocketpc »

Apologies for the ancient thread resurrection, but is there any update on this issue, or a workaround? Thanks
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

This problem should have been fixed a few versions back. Would you click Help -> About from the main menu and see what version of TextAloud you're running? If the version is earlier than 3.0.37, try updating using the installer at http://www.nextup.com/files/ta3.exe.

Let me know if you're still seeing the problem in this version.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
pocketpc

Post by pocketpc »

Sorry, I just noticed that the original post specified pausing and resuming - this indeed maintains the percentage read for me. The issue for me is stopping and later reading from cursor. Textaloud then ignores everything before the cursor and begins at 0%. Is this normal behaviour? Is there any way to have the percentage based on the entire article regardless of where you tell it to start speaking? I'm using the latest version.

Many thanks
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Yes, that is the way it is working now. I'll look at changing this in a future update, it makes sense that the progress bar should not reset to 0 when you use speak from cursor.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
pocketpc

Post by pocketpc »

ok thanks i will look forward to it

edit: in case anyone else is looking for a solution to this, as a workaround you can set a bookmark where you leave off, start the speaking from the top of the article and then select skip to bookmark from the menu. this lets you keep track of the overall percentage in long articles.