Using TextAloud in Linux

Discussion Forum for TextAloud. Great place to share ideas, ask questions, talk with other users. If you have a tough technical question, still feel free to ask us at support@nextup.com. Also, if you would like a personal response, be sure to leave your email address.

Moderators: kdwhite, Jim Bretti, D.Leikin

Using TextAloud in Linux

Postby D.Leikin » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:31 am

I have got TextAloud running on my Linux machine with NeoSpeech US English premium voices.

TextAloud icon is now sitting on my Linux desktop and I can simply click it to start using this great text-to-speech application in Linux. An important point is that TextAloud gets integrated with Linux environment, which lets me directly open and save documents or audio files using Linux file system. Running TextAloud on Linux also lets me directly convert texts to WAV and MP3 audio files saving them to Linux partition. Text-to-audio-file conversion works many times faster than real-time text-to-speech conversion on the same PC.

I decided to post installation scenario that might help users move TextAloud with NextUp premium voices to Linux platform.

1. Install WINE. WINE provides a microsoft-free Windows API needed to run TextAloud on Linux. If WINE is not installed yet on your system, you will have to download and install appropriate package (download is free) from
http://www.WINEhq.com/site/download

See WINE User Guide for detailed instructions:
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index

2. Configure WINE. Newest builds have graphic interface and are easy to configure. Just run 'winecfg' command to invoke the configuration applet.

I’d strongly recommend setting WINE to support Windows Me API. In my experience, Windows Me was the only API that got seamlessly integrated with the Linux file system.

Make sure WINE is set to use appropriate sound drivers. Older Linux distributions (kernel 2.4) typically used OSS drivers, while 2.6 kernels have switched to ALSA. Also set Acceleration to ‘Standard’ and uncheck ‘Driver Emulation’ box under audio settings tab.

3. Install the SAPI5 interface. SAPI5 interface is required for NeoSpeech premium voices to be used in TextAloud on Linux. SAPI5 download is free and is available at

http://www.webaloud.com/files/Microsoft ... TTS-51.msi

4. Install TextAloud. When the installer shows the final dialog, make sure to uncheck two boxes and click Finish. Then run the 'wineboot' command to restart WINE and TextAloud shortcut should show up on your desktop.

5. Launch TextAloud to verify it works ok with free Microsoft voices bundled with SAPI5 package and then exit. If you see the splash screen but TextAloud freezes at the initialization stage, you should try to change audio settings in WINE. The problem is that TextAloud just can’t find appropriate audio driver. So try switching to a different audio driver in WINE.

6. Install NeoSpeech voices. Please note that NeoSpeech temporary files take about 1 GB of disk space so the install might take several minutes. If you experience any difficulty in launching the setup program directly from CDROM media, just copy the installation files to the desktop and try to run setup from there. This should fix the issue. After you have NeoSpeech voices installed, restart TextAloud. Make sure to use File->Exit command to fully exit the program.

7. Launch TextAloud and enjoy using premium NeoSpeech voices with this great text-to-speech application on Linux.

Feel free to ask questions or just post any comments to share your experience.

Thanks
Last edited by D.Leikin on Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D.Leikin

Wow!

Postby geneven » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:01 pm

Wow, that is terrific! I don't have any NeoSpeech voices, unfortunately. Is there any reason Crystal wouldn't work?

I have had a long vacation from NextUp products, and this may allow me to return. I miss my text-to-speech! (I find the Linux text to speech products non-worthwhile.)

My latest love is the Nokia N800, a small computer that runs Linux. It would be fabulous to get a good text-to-speech voice running on that, but I don't think that even Wine runs on it yet -- it's in the early stages. It does allow me to stream audio, though, so I can listen to Audible audiobooks streamed from a Windows laptop. And of course it plays mp3s, so I could theoretically create mp3 books in Windows and copy them over to it. I will try that!

But I have a full-fledged Suse 10.2 system running on my desktop computer, and I'll try to get TextAloud running here.
geneven

Postby kdwhite » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:00 pm

Not sure if the AT&T voices will work or not. If not, one thing that is unique about them is because they were sort of half migrated from server side versions, they use shared memory to communicate between processes. This is something pretty rare, and may not be supported by the emulators.
Ken White
NextUp.com
The Power of Spoken Audio
http://www.NextUp.com

** TextAloud - The world's most popular Text To Speech tool.
http://www.nextup.com/TextAloud/
kdwhite
Site Admin

Getting TextAloud to Work with Acapela voices on Linux

Postby D.Leikin » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:18 pm

Anybody interested in moving TextAloud
http://nextup.com/TextAloud/index.html
with fantastic Acapela voices
http://nextup.com/acapela.html
to Linux?

Below is a simple scenario I used to get Acapela voices to work with TextAloud on my Linux PC.

1. First of all, you will have to configure Wine, install SAPI5, install and properly register TextAloud as described in the initial post in this thread. When you install TextAloud, please uncheck ‘View Quick Start’ and ‘View TextAloud’ before clicking ‘Finish’ on the last dialog.

2. To make Acapela voices work with TextAloud on Linux you will need to add msvcirt.dll system library to Wine. The file msvcirt.dll is sitting in the directory C:\Windows\system32\ on your Windows PC. Just move this file to .../.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/ on your Linux machine.

N.B. With the latest WINE version 0.9.47, step 2 seems to have become unnecessary.

3. Install Acapela voice(s). NextUp-Acapela Multimedia builds released in June 2006 should work fine.

4. Locate the files DicoEdit.exe, and VMan.exe. You will find these apps in
.../drive_c/Program files/NextUp-Acapela Multimedia/bin/,
Just move these apps to the parent folder
.../drive_c/Program files/NextUp-Acapela Multimedia/
and you will be able to create custom aliases for the voices, tweak voices' spectra using graphic frequency equalizer, re-define pauses at punctuation marks, create voice-specific pronunciation dictionaries, and more. If you don’t need these functions you may skip step 5.

5. Start TextAloud to make sure Acapela voices and their custom aliases (if any) show up and work fine.

6. Please note, that /.wine is a hidden folder, so you will have to configure shell to ‘show hidden folders’.
Last edited by D.Leikin on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
D.Leikin

a Linux testimony and a question

Postby roger64 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:09 am

Hi,

Sorry for my French mistakes...

I just bought some weeks ago TA2237.exe and a very nice French Sébastien (scansoft realspeak SAPI15) voice for a little less than 80 dollars from nextup and downloaded it quickly.

I use Ubuntu 6.10 and currently Wine 0.9.32 (latest).
I think I have Alsa driver (automatic configuration by Ubuntu).

I installed straight away TA first, and then the voice (the voice needs TA to install) by just double clicking the .exe files with Nautilus, without any particular setting.

Then setting up a launcher with this command:
wine "c:\program files\TextAloud\TextAloudMP3.exe" and that was it.

It works perfectly (sound quality, systray icon etc...).

Just ONE thing. :D

I do not know how to make the Firefox extension work. I installed also Firefox with Wine, but when I click on this extension, i get an "ole error" of some kind.

Any idea how to implement it? Somebody succeeded?
roger64

Postby D.Leikin » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:52 am

Thank you for the great input, Roger!

Coincidentally, I’ve just seen an article http://news.com.com/2100-7344_3-6166347.html
saying the French parliament has decided to switch to Ubuntu Linux so your post came up in proper time.

As for the FireFox plugin, I’m running across the same ole issue under Wine 0.9.29 on SUSE 10.2 appearing as class not registered error. Hopefully this problem will be resolved soon.

For the time being, there's an option to read web pages aloud in FireFox by setting TextAloud into the following modes

I Single Article Mode

1. Start TextAloud
2. On the [Options] menu click “Single Article”
3. On the [Options] menu click [TextAloud Options] and check the “Automatically Speak the New Text” box under the [Article Options] tab.

4. Go to the [Clipboard Options] tab on the same menu

(i) Check the “Watch Clipboard” box
(ii) Uncheck “Prompt to copy from clipboard” box
(iii) Select “New” from the [Default Action] dropdown list

5. Close TextAloud to Tray

In this mode, any text copied to the clipboard would be immediately spoken out by TextAloud.

For example, if you want some text to be spoken out in FireFox while you browse the net, just use the mouse to select a portion of text you want to hear, then right-click the highlighted text and choose “Copy” from the dropdown menu. TextAloud would immediately speak the highlighted text.

II Multi Article Mode

1. Start TextAloud
2. On the [Options] menu click “Multi Article”
3. On the [Options] menu click [TextAloud Options] and uncheck the “Automatically Speak the New Text” box under [Article Options] tab.
4. Go to the [Clipboard Options] tab on the same menu

(i) Check the “Watch Clipboard” box
(ii) Uncheck “Prompt to copy from clipboard” box
(iii) Select “New” from the [Default Action] dropdown list

5. Close TextAloud to Tray

With these settings, go through several web pages, or documents, etc. and clip "articles" (i.e. highlight and copy portions of text to the clipboard) that you want TextAloud to read to you. Each portion of text you copy to the clipboard would be automatically loaded into TextAloud as an article. When you are done clipping articles, open the TextAloud screen and click the "Read" button and TextAloud will read all the articles in the order that you clipped them. Use the VCR type controls to stop, pause, skip, etc. When you are done listening, you can manually delete the articles or you can set TextAloud to "Automatically delete text after play".

Also you can convert the articles you clipped to an MP3 or WAVe file (or to individual files) that you may want to listen to later on your audio player.

Good luck!
Last edited by D.Leikin on Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D.Leikin

Postby roger64 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:34 am

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply but I did not work so well for me, maybe because I use Glipper to manage my clipboards. So, I messed up the original settings and had some trouble to get out of it.

I will better wait for the Firefox extension to be made Linux-friendly. I think it should not be too difficult to implement, if NextUp contact the people at WineHQ and let them know which dll you are using for this extension, I am sure they will make it work pretty quickly. It would be a very appreciated gift for your Linux customers!!

Let me also suggest two other things:

a) TextAloud software should somewhat be able to allow the user to:
- 1: revert to the original (default) settings OR
- 2: revert to a previous saved configuration (Name)
I am sure this is stored is some place right now...

b)I think also that NetxUp, though not extending full support to Linux customers, should make people know that ...well, it just works with Linux.

We, Linux guys, are used to community support and are happy with it, and it happens you have a good support forum.

So, ok, let just people know about it and write it in your advertisements, booklets, ...

PS. Yes running Ubuntu and not even a member of French Chambre des députés but, who knows, maybe it will help....

:D
roger64

everything in order now and running...

Postby roger64 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:41 am

Now, everything is in order.
1- I disabled Glipper which does not fit well with TA
2- I used a text-procesor and a browser working under Wine to communicate smoothly with TA.

I also read your 9th of March post about TA in Linux in another thread of this forum and I can confirm everything you wrote in it.

Thanks for your help

Cheers
roger64

Postby D.Leikin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:47 am

Thanks so much for the feedback and the good ideas!

I’m pretty sure you will not have any problem with configuring TextAloud, but just in case you missed this info – there’s an excellent TextAloud user’s manual available at http://nextup.com/manual.html. Written in a unique, user-friendly style, it features not only usual how-to’s but also many interesting ideas, what’s, and why’s. So if you haven’t seen it yet, I’d highly recommend checking that link out if and when you have a spare minute. Perhaps, you’ll enjoy reading the original English text even more than its French version as the latter is a machine translation and may be full of funny flaws.

Thank you once again for the great input

P.S. Rien n'est impossible pour les utilisateurs ubuntu ;)
D.Leikin

Postby GingerGilligan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:39 am

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm sorry, but I couldn't get TA to work in Linux at all. I have the latest Wine 0.9.32 and Kubuntu 6.10. I dowloaded the Sapi5 thing but it didn't do any good. The splash screen still gets stuck. I tried all the different audio settings, ALSA, OSS, etc. no luck. I must be doing something wrong, but I'm confused about what to do.

Cynthia
GingerGilligan

Postby kdwhite » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:21 am

There is a text file TextAloudMP3.dbg in the TextAloud directory. What are the last 10 or so lines in it.
Ken White
NextUp.com
The Power of Spoken Audio
http://www.NextUp.com

** TextAloud - The world's most popular Text To Speech tool.
http://www.nextup.com/TextAloud/
kdwhite
Site Admin

Postby D.Leikin » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:32 am

Hello Cynthia,

Please make sure SAPI5 interface is properly installed:

Use the ‘cd’ command in the terminal to browse to the directory where you’ve put the SAPI5 msi installation file, and then run the following command

wine msiexec.exe /i sapi51.msi

or

wine msiexec.exe /i Microsoft-English-TTS-51.msi

depending on which installation file you have downloaded.

If the msi installer is launched ok, you’ll see a dialog that will guide you through the installation process - accept defaults. Return wine to its default audio settings, and select Windows Me on the ‘Applications’ tab in winecfg. Restart wine by running ‘wineboot’ command, then restart TextAloud. If TextAloud is unable to start ok, try changing to a different audio driver.
D.Leikin

Postby GingerGilligan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:47 am

Hi Ken, the last 10 lines are:

3/16/2007 4:40:45 AM - Entered FormActivate
3/16/2007 4:40:49 AM - MemoListBox - ScrollToTop(1) [1 0]
3/16/2007 4:40:55 AM - Entered VoiceComboBoxChange
3/16/2007 4:41:10 AM - ValName=URL_NVDEMO_MIKE16
3/16/2007 4:41:10 AM - LaunchWebURL Tag: URL_NVDEMO_MIKE16 not found in reseller file
3/16/2007 4:41:22 AM - ValName=URL_NV_INFO
3/16/2007 4:41:22 AM - LaunchWebURL Tag: URL_NV_INFO not found in reseller file
3/16/2007 4:41:24 AM - ValName=URL_NV_INFO
3/16/2007 4:41:24 AM - LaunchWebURL Tag: URL_NV_INFO not found in reseller file
3/16/2007 4:41:51 AM - Exit VoiceComboBoxChange

I did get TextAloud to work with the Microsoft Voices! :) It turns out I need to have Wine open in its own desktop. I still don't know how to install the NeoSpeech Voices though. :?

Cynthia
GingerGilligan

Postby GingerGilligan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:42 pm

I figured out how to install the NeoSpeech Voices, yay! Apparently copying all my files from my CD-ROM did the trick. I don't know if I would say TextAloud "just works" in Linux though. It was tricky and took a lot of trial and error to figure out. :shock:

Cynthia
GingerGilligan

Postby D.Leikin » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:35 am

Sounds like you were likely stuck by some issues with KDE implementation in Kubuntu or just by the use of inappropriate Wine package.

It might have been easier to duly fix the problem if you gave more info on your setup. Anyway, it's nice to know you’ve finally got TextAloud to work in Kubuntu. Thanks for the feedback.
D.Leikin

Postby D.Leikin » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:50 am

Getting windows version of Cepstral voices to work with TextAloud in Linux

If you are migrating from Microsoft Windows to Linux but would like to keep on using Cepstral TTS voices with TextAloud on your linux PC, you might find the following installation scenario helpful.

1. Configure Wine to set the API version to Windows ME with appropriate sound driver.

2. Install SAPI5 as described above. (e.g., run ‘wine msiexec.exe /i sapi51.msi’)

3. Install and register TextAloud (e.g., ‘wine TA2240.exe’)

4. Restart Wine by running the ‘wineboot’ command in terminal. Normally, after the restart, TextAloud icon should show up on your desktop. However, on some systems you might need to manually create the shortcut.

5. Install Cepstral voices using the ‘wine msiexec.exe /i’ command, e.g.,
'wine msiexec.exe /i Cepstral_David_windows_4.1.4.msi'

6. Run ‘wine regedit.exe’ from …/.wine/drive_c/windows/

7. Locate the following registry key (you may just go to Edit>Find on its main menu and search for ‘environment’)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment\PATH

8. Double click the PATH subkey and append the following line to its contents:
c:\windows\Program Files\Cepstral\bin;
(Normally, this line is automatically added to PATH during the install on windows, but it may be missing on Wine.)

9. Run ‘wine swifttalker.exe’ in …/.wine/Program\ Files/Cepstral/bin/
to input info on your license(s) and register Cepstral voice(s).

N.B. If Cepstral Tools doesn't start ok, Cepstral voices can be registered by running swift.exe in console. Use the following syntax:

wine swift.exe --reg-voice

The system will prompt you to enter voice name and the license code.

10. Start TextAloud to make sure Cepstral voice(s) show up and work ok.
Last edited by D.Leikin on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
D.Leikin

Postby D.Leikin » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:51 am

NOTE: If you are installing Cepstral voices 4.2.0 for Windows on your Linux machine you may need to restart Wine right after the install. Just run the ‘wineboot’ command to finalize installation.
Last edited by D.Leikin on Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D.Leikin

Postby GingerGilligan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:27 am

Hi D.Leikin,

I did what you said, but when I try to play a Cepstral voice in TextAloud I get this error message:

OLE error 80070057

Please contact support@nextup.com for help with this problem

:?:

Cynthia
GingerGilligan

Postby D.Leikin » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:25 am

Hi Cynthia,

If the application …/cepstral/bin/swfttalker.exe works ok, and if copying the files ceplang_*.dll and ceplex_*.dll from …/cepstral/bin/ to …/windows/system32/ fixes the OLE issue, then there must be just a syntactic error in the PATH value data.
D.Leikin

Postby GingerGilligan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:51 pm

Copying the files fixed the problem! :D Thank you D.!

Cynthia
GingerGilligan

Postby jasontheactionman » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Hi. I have textaloud up and running on Ubuntu 6.06 under Wine, thanks to this thread.

I have several neospeech and acapela voices and have tried to install them under Wine. I get the following error:

"Error reading setup initialization file"

What can I do?
jasontheactionman

Postby jasontheactionman » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:15 pm

Ok apparently this was the result of an unsuccessful download..
jasontheactionman

Postby D.Leikin » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:49 pm

Hi Jason,

In my experience, English premium windows-based text-to-speech computer voices available from NextUp would install and work flawlessly with TextAloud through Win32 API (WINE) on Linux.

The only problem I’ve seen was that for some unknown reasons several *.exe files were refusing to start directly from the cd-rom media. Luckily, it seems that this issue can be fixed by just moving windows-based TTS distros to linux partition and installing the speech synthesizers from there.
D.Leikin

Postby GingerGilligan » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:12 am

D.Leikin wrote:Getting windows version of Cepstral voices to work with TextAloud in Linux

Run ‘wine swifttalker.exe’ in …/.wine/Program\ Files/Cepstral/bin/
to input info on your license(s) and register your Cepstral voice(s).

Hi. When I click on "Cepstral Tools", nothing happens. No windows open or anything. I am using wine 0.9.39 and switched from Kubuntu to PCLinuxOS 2007. Is there any fix?
GingerGilligan

Postby D.Leikin » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:38 am

If Swifttalker starts ok you should be able to launch tools from Tools->Launch Cepstral Tools on the main menu.

If SwiftTalker fails to launch Cepstral Tools, Cepstral voices can be registered by running swift.exe in console. Use the following syntax:

wine swift.exe --reg-voice

The system will prompt you to enter voice name(s) and license code(s).
Last edited by D.Leikin on Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D.Leikin

Postby GingerGilligan » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:22 pm

D.Leikin wrote:If Swifttalker starts ok you should be able to launch tools from Tools->Launch Cepstral Tools on the main menu.

Swifttalker started ok, no I was not able to launch tools from the main menu. But that aside, the NeoSpeech voices witch installed fine on my previous version of PCLinuxOS with install with the new one! I get this in the terminal:

[cynthia@localhost ~]$ wine msiexec.exe /i HalText-to-SpeechwithNeoSpeechVoiceText.msi
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x27
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x29
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2b
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2d
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2f
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x31
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x27
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x29
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2b
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2d
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2f
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x31
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"cynthia" (nil) 0x33f83c (nil) 0x33f840 0x33f834 - stub
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"cynthia" 0x166120 0x33f83c 0x166348 0x33f840 0x33f834 - stub
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub MigrateFeatureStates -> 2 ignored L"Upgrade" table values
err:richedit:ReadStyleSheet ReadStyleSheet: skipping optional destination
err:richedit:ReadStyleSheet ReadStyleSheet: skipping optional destination
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"SetODBCFolders"
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub MigrateFeatureStates -> 2 ignored L"Upgrade" table values
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub RemoveExistingProducts -> 2 ignored L"Upgrade" table values
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub UnpublishFeatures -> 52 ignored L"FeatureComponents" table values
wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x00000000 at address 0x7ec5dea7 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Unhandled exception: page fault on write access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code (0x7ec5dea7).
Register dump:
CS:0073 SS:007b DS:007b ES:007b FS:0033 GS:003b
EIP:7ec5dea7 ESP:0033f4d0 EBP:00210276 EFLAGS:00010246( - 00 -RIZP1)
EAX:00000000 EBX:7ecbcb50 ECX:00110020 EDX:00210274
ESI:00210228 EDI:002101da
Stack dump:
0x0033f4d0: 00164ac0 7eca8058 0021020e 7ef88d7d
0x0033f4e0: 00110020 00110000 7eeb8880 7ee89531
0x0033f4f0: 7e9a0a20 00004590 7ee89769 7e998d04
0x0033f500: 002109c8 00000401 00210ae8 00210b10
0x0033f510: 7e998d04 7e9a0d20 00001152 00210988
0x0033f520: 7e9a0a20 00000000 00210668 0021020e
Backtrace:
=>1 0x7ec5dea7 ACTION_CustomAction+0x507() in msi (0x00210276)
2 0x006e0055 (0x00530049)
3 0x00000000 (0x00000000)
0x7ec5dea7 ACTION_CustomAction+0x507 in msi: movw $0x0,0x0(%eax)
Modules:
Module Address Debug info Name (77 modules)
ELF 7bf00000-7bf03000 Deferred <wine-loader>
ELF 7d614000-7d635000 Deferred libjpeg.so.62
ELF 7d635000-7d640000 Deferred libgcc_s.so.1
ELF 7d773000-7d7a7000 Deferred uxtheme<elf>
\-PE 7d780000-7d7a7000 \ uxtheme
ELF 7d7a7000-7d7ac000 Deferred libxfixes.so.3
ELF 7d7ac000-7d7b6000 Deferred libxcursor.so.1
ELF 7d7b6000-7d7d3000 Deferred imm32<elf>
\-PE 7d7c0000-7d7d3000 \ imm32
ELF 7d7d3000-7d7d6000 Deferred libxinerama.so.1
ELF 7dde6000-7de06000 Deferred libexpat.so.0
ELF 7de06000-7e04f000 Deferred i915_dri.so
ELF 7e04f000-7e057000 Deferred libdrm.so.2
ELF 7e057000-7e0bf000 Deferred libgl.so.1
ELF 7e0bf000-7e0c5000 Deferred libxdmcp.so.6
ELF 7e0c5000-7e1c4000 Deferred libx11.so.6
ELF 7e1c4000-7e1d3000 Deferred libxext.so.6
ELF 7e1d3000-7e1ec000 Deferred libice.so.6
ELF 7e1ec000-7e1f5000 Deferred libsm.so.6
ELF 7e1f6000-7e1fa000 Deferred libxrandr.so.2
ELF 7e1fa000-7e203000 Deferred libxrender.so.1
ELF 7e205000-7e29b000 Deferred winex11<elf>
\-PE 7e210000-7e29b000 \ winex11
ELF 7e30c000-7e43a000 Deferred libxml2.so.2
ELF 7e43a000-7e468000 Deferred libfontconfig.so.1
ELF 7e468000-7e47b000 Deferred libz.so.1
ELF 7e47b000-7e4e8000 Deferred libfreetype.so.6
ELF 7e4e8000-7e4fc000 Deferred lz32<elf>
\-PE 7e4f0000-7e4fc000 \ lz32
ELF 7e4fc000-7e516000 Deferred version<elf>
\-PE 7e500000-7e516000 \ version
ELF 7e516000-7e5bd000 Deferred oleaut32<elf>
\-PE 7e530000-7e5bd000 \ oleaut32
ELF 7e5bd000-7e5de000 Deferred cabinet<elf>
\-PE 7e5c0000-7e5de000 \ cabinet
ELF 7e5de000-7e6a5000 Deferred comctl32<elf>
\-PE 7e5f0000-7e6a5000 \ comctl32
ELF 7e6a5000-7e7ab000 Deferred shell32<elf>
\-PE 7e6c0000-7e7ab000 \ shell32
ELF 7e7ab000-7e7cb000 Deferred mpr<elf>
\-PE 7e7b0000-7e7cb000 \ mpr
ELF 7e7cb000-7e817000 Deferred wininet<elf>
\-PE 7e7e0000-7e817000 \ wininet
ELF 7e817000-7e876000 Deferred shlwapi<elf>
\-PE 7e830000-7e876000 \ shlwapi
ELF 7e876000-7e888000 Deferred libresolv.so.2
ELF 7e889000-7e88c000 Deferred libxau.so.6
ELF 7e88c000-7e891000 Deferred libxxf86vm.so.1
ELF 7e898000-7e8b7000 Deferred iphlpapi<elf>
\-PE 7e8a0000-7e8b7000 \ iphlpapi
ELF 7e8b7000-7e910000 Deferred rpcrt4<elf>
\-PE 7e8c0000-7e910000 \ rpcrt4
ELF 7e910000-7e9b1000 Deferred gdi32<elf>
\-PE 7e920000-7e9b1000 \ gdi32
ELF 7e9b1000-7eafe000 Deferred user32<elf>
\-PE 7e9d0000-7eafe000 \ user32
ELF 7eafe000-7eb48000 Deferred advapi32<elf>
\-PE 7eb10000-7eb48000 \ advapi32
ELF 7eb48000-7ebf1000 Deferred ole32<elf>
\-PE 7eb60000-7ebf1000 \ ole32
ELF 7ebf1000-7ec2a000 Deferred urlmon<elf>
\-PE 7ec00000-7ec2a000 \ urlmon
ELF 7ec2a000-7ecc8000 Export msi<elf>
\-PE 7ec40000-7ecc8000 \ msi
ELF 7ecc8000-7ecdf000 Deferred msiexec<elf>
\-PE 7ecd0000-7ecdf000 \ msiexec
ELF 7edff000-7ef31000 Deferred kernel32<elf>
\-PE 7ee20000-7ef31000 \ kernel32
ELF 7ef31000-7ef3b000 Deferred libnss_files.so.2
ELF 7ef3b000-7ef60000 Deferred libm.so.6
ELF 7ef60000-7f000000 Deferred ntdll<elf>
\-PE 7ef70000-7f000000 \ ntdll
ELF b7ceb000-b7cef000 Deferred libdl.so.2
ELF b7cef000-b7e1c000 Deferred libc.so.6
ELF b7e1c000-b7e2f000 Deferred libpthread.so.0
ELF b7e2f000-b7f45000 Deferred libwine.so.1
ELF b7f56000-b7f70000 Deferred ld-linux.so.2
Threads:
process tid prio (all id:s are in hex)
0000000a
0000000c 0
0000000b 0
00000008 (D) c:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe
00000009 0 <==

Any ideas?
GingerGilligan

Postby GingerGilligan » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:25 pm

Swifttalker started ok, no I was not able to launch tools from the main menu. But that aside, the NeoSpeech voices witch installed fine on my previous version of PCLinuxOS with install with the new one!

I mean WILL NOT install with the new one. Sorry, I'm in a bit of a panic.
GingerGilligan

Postby D.Leikin » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:48 am

One thing that probably needs to be done is to make sure WINE and SAPI5 interfaces are properly installed.
Last edited by D.Leikin on Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D.Leikin

Postby D.Leikin » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:40 pm

Getting windows version of AT&T Natural Voices to work in TextAloud on Linux

In my experience, installation procedure described in the first post didn't seem to pose any major problem and worked fine for AT&T voices Crystal and Mike. Both AT&T voices were NextUp builds released Jan, 2006. Should you have any trouble during the install, make sure hard drive is not short of free space and try running the installer from the hard drive.
D.Leikin

Postby D.Leikin » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:53 am

Have just tried NextUp-RealSpeak US English voices with TextAloud 2.261 on openSUSE 10.3 (WINE 0.9.47), and they install and work just fine.

Earlier WINE versions only supported the latest NextUp-RealSpeak builds, but now the problem seems to have been fixed and earlier voice versions install and work fine too.

Please note that NextUp-RealSpeak voices can only be installed on a computer with a purchased version of TextAloud.
D.Leikin

Next

Return to TextAloud 2 Forum