pronunciation edition help

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

franska5

pronunciation edition help

Post by franska5 »

is there any way to make a pronunciation edition regardless of uppercase letters?
i started to use textaloud to listen the novels from series i like, since they are from a foreign country i need to edit some words and names pronunciation, but is really annoying than if the word have an uppercase letter then the pronunciation edition didn't take effects, or when they write the whole word on uppercase letters to dramatic effect.
for example the name Hajime need to be spelled "jallime" but sometimes the translator write it hajime instead so the pronunciation didn't took effect.
anyone know if that can be solved?
Jim Bretti

Re: pronunciation edition help

Post by Jim Bretti »

Yes, you should be able to create pronunciation dictionary entries in TextAloud that ignore case. On the dialog that lets you create / edit pronunciation dictionary entries, there is a checkbox labeled "case sensitive". If you want the text match in the dictionary entry to ignore uppercase / lowercase, make sure the case sensitive checkbox is not selected. If case sensitive is checked, text matching requires upper case / lowercase to match exactly.

Let me know if that doesn't help
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
franska5

Re: pronunciation edition help

Post by franska5 »

Jim Bretti wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:30 am Yes, you should be able to create pronunciation dictionary entries in TextAloud that ignore case. On the dialog that lets you create / edit pronunciation dictionary entries, there is a checkbox labeled "case sensitive". If you want the text match in the dictionary entry to ignore uppercase / lowercase, make sure the case sensitive checkbox is not selected. If case sensitive is checked, text matching requires upper case / lowercase to match exactly.

Let me know if that doesn't help
thank you very much, you are a life savior, my textaloud has the case sensitive check by default, you are my hero thanks