Activation recovery

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Jamd

Activation recovery

Post by Jamd »

I apologise in advance if my question is far-fetched.
My Windows 7 system has become corrupted and I can't boot my PC anymore. But my hard drive works. I am able to access it on another computer via an external enclosure.
But my TextAloud 4 and 3 voices (Ivona, Nuance and Acapela) installations are forever active, since I cannot uninstall them. So I cannot reinstall them on another PC. I've already used up my activations because I use 3 computers.
My question: Is there a way I can manually deactivate /recover my activation from my salvaged hard drive? Since I can access all my system files. Is there such a procedure?
Jim Bretti

Re: Activation recovery

Post by Jim Bretti »

If you send an email to our help desk they should be able to help with this issue. Just send an email to support@nextup.com
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
asalem8

Post by asalem8 »

Hello Jim, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I did reach out to customer support at Support@nextup.com. I asked them to provide me with the activation code after i upgraded my computer for the new Tom voice that I purchased. However, they just told me to buy the new version and sent the same link I used when I bought the upgrades in 2020 or 2021, I believe. I informed them that I have already paid for it, but I have not received any response. I would be more than happy to provide you with the emails and details of my purchase. I use Nextup products in my lectures to accommodate students and for my online activities. Unfortunately, when I upgraded my computer, the support didn't assist me. As a result, I feel extremely negative about the experience.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

I'm not sure I'm following. Do you just need an activation code for a Tom voice you purchased recently? If the problem is that you upgraded your computer and the voice won't activate we should be able to handle that.

Lets handle this via email, so please send me an email with the details of your purchase of Tom. If you can include the order number that would help. Send the email to me at jim@nextup.com
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com