Not a problem, just an observation.

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Jessica2

Not a problem, just an observation.

Post by Jessica2 »

Hello all, .. long time no type.

This isn't an issues as such, it's just a strange condition.
I'm currently working on my WordPress site, and have been doing so for about three months.
Whereby I have the TextAloud Chrome Extension installed, along with the keyboard mapping extension called Shortkeys (Custom Keyboard Shortcuts)

IT'S ALL WORKING FINE.
The weird thing starts when using the shortcut keys constantly, as I've been doing. TextAloud loads normally, and then it speaks the text in the browser window no worries.

So what the issue?
It's this: running TextAloud this way - the programme itself doesn't check for updates.
Today I clicked on the man desktop icon to start the reader, and was greeted with the popup that declared Version 4.0.45 was available. I'm still running 4.0.33 [Without any problems at all I might add.]

Couldn't find 'report a bug' link anywhere, (and it's certainly not a support issue that requires a response), so I'll leave this very low level casual observation here for Jim's perusal.

Stay Safe.
I write, therefore: you are.
Jim Bretti

Re: Not a problem, just an observation.

Post by Jim Bretti »

Hi Jessica

Thanks for reporting this. I tried the same thing here. What I'm seeing is that the popup is actually displayed, but we're not forcing the window to the top. So it is possible for the popup to appear behind other windows, remain visible for a few seconds, then disappear. If that is happening you'd never see the popup.

I'll fix this in the next TextAloud release so we force the prompt to the top, hopefully that will fix the problem
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com