new version 4.0.20 Word Add in freezes

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Accurare

new version 4.0.20 Word Add in freezes

Post by Accurare »

the subject line tells the story, I had a win 10 update yesterday, prior to installing 4.0.20, perhaps that is the problem, so I reverted back to .19 and all is well again.
Jim Bretti

Re: new version 4.0.20 Word Add in freezes

Post by Jim Bretti »

I wonder if there was some problem with the install or if something else happened. There are no changes in the Word add-in between 4.0.19 and 4.0.20.

If you reinstall 4.0.20 and see the problem again, can you send me a TextAloud problem report from the TextAloud main window before downgrading? So sometime after the add-in freezes, go to the TextAloud main menu click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem, and just make a brief reference to this issue in the problem report text.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Accurare

Post by Accurare »

I re-installed 4.0.20 again and it froze again as it had before in Word, but then I decided to close and re-open Word to see if that would make a difference, as I had Word running when installing TextAloud both times and restarting Word was the fix. 4.0.20 is working fine for me now, thanks.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Thanks for letting me know. I'll need to investigate this more, I may need to update the installer to avoid the problem.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com