Pronounce Tag

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

milhat

Pronounce Tag

Post by milhat »

I think I'm missing something. When I try the <pron> tag, nothing happens. Is there a document that explains the different tags that can be used in TextAloud?
Jim Bretti

Re: Pronounce Tag

Post by Jim Bretti »

Which voice are you using? The voice may simply be ignoring the <pron> tag, it is supported only by a limited number of voices. There may be other options depending on the voice you're using.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
milhat

Post by milhat »

It seems all of the Acapela voices ignore the pron tag. Any recommendations to work around this issue.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Acapela does not support the <pron> tag, but they have their own pronunciation editor utility that installs along with the voice files. Check for a doc folder in your Acapela install directory. If you're running the current version of Acapela voices the doc folder will contain a document named PronunciationEditorManual.pdf. That document has complete instructions on how to use Acapela's pronunciation editor tool, which is able to make phonetic corrections.

By default, the location of this folder on 64 bit windows is C:\Program Files (x86)\NextUp-Acapela Multimedia\doc. If you don't see the doc folder or the pronunciation editor manual the best thing to do is contact support@nextup.com about upgrading your Acapela voices. There is no charge to upgrade.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com