Language and voice

NextUp Talker is a Text To Speech application specifically designed for people who have temporarily or permanently lost their voice. With natural, human sounding voices and convenient shortcuts to quickly enter commonly used sentences and phrases, NextUp Talker allows you to easily communicate with others despite vocal impairments.

Moderators: D.Leikin, kdwhite, Jim Bretti

dasadler

Language and voice

Post by dasadler »

I apologize in advance for the dumb (possibly amusing) question. I am using NextUp Talker and trying to find the perfect (for me) voice. I have found a lot of voices available associated with various languages.

My question is... if I download and install voices associated with languages other than English... Spanish, for example, will I still be able to use that voice in NextUp Talker to speak English words and phrases? Will the voice speak with an accent associated with that particular language? In other words, speak English phrases with a Spanish accent?
Neither embarrassed nor ashamed to ask dumb questions when needing help.
Jim Bretti

Re: Language and voice

Post by Jim Bretti »

In general I think the answer is yes. Non-English voices generally are able to handle English text. You may run into some pronunciation issues but for the most part it should work.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com