Problem with 'Replace Text' in the editor

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Quantum

Problem with 'Replace Text' in the editor

Post by Quantum »

When searching for words to replace, the editor highlights a word but does not include the final character. Consequently clicking 'replace' does not work. This function is quite important to me as I pre-process long files to correct homographs before generating an audio book. So for example searching for 'read' finds the word but only highlights 'rea' and using 'replace with red' leads to redd. This problem seems to have appeared with the latest update to ta401u6. I like the update to WORD by the way.
Last edited by Quantum on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quantum aka DaveH
Jim Bretti

Re: Problem with 'Replace Text' in the editor

Post by Jim Bretti »

I haven't been able to duplicate this yet. Can you let me know if exiting and restart TextAloud has any effect? Just curious if reloading the article like this solves the problem.

If restarting TextAloud doesn't help, are you able to duplicate the problem in an article you can send to me? I'd like to take a look at the data file for the article. From the TextAloud menu, click Help -> Open Data Folder, and in the folder displayed go into the Articles folder. You should recognize the article title in the file names in this folder, there is an .xml file and a .data file. Would you please zip up these two files and mail them to me at jim@nextup.com?
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Quantum

Post by Quantum »

Jim I sent the files as requested.
In the meantime as a workaround I find that saving a file as plain text before loading into TA4 solves the problem.
Quantum aka DaveH
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

There is a fix for this problem in TextAloud 4.0.2. Download installer from https://nextup.com/files/ta4.exe.

Let me know if the update does not help with the problem.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com