Bought Version 4 (Book writers, you won't be disappointed either)

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Jessica2

Bought Version 4 (Book writers, you won't be disappointed either)

Post by Jessica2 »

Google traps.
Proofreading a manuscript for free: (well almost).
Proofreading my book.
Proofreading text.

History: taken the plunge and brought a licence for version 3, it's OK, and just about does what I want, but it's fiddly to use, especially in how I use a proofreader for my own written work.

Then along came Version 4.
Leap over-board in the beta testing, came up breathing hard, and then wobbled my face really loudly in the voluptuous features of the finished TextAloud 4 product.

Huba, - Huba; -- HUBA!

(I'm on-board), I'm going on board, I'm onboard with the project.

Calling all writers out there, your words look perfect to you, but you are are blind.
Before you send off you manuscript, proofread your work, and you do it with something called a TTS program or (Text To Speech), and you need three things to make it happen smoothly.

Microsoft Word, (any version from 2003 onwards). - older (??) - don't know.
A voice for your PC system, not the installed Micky Mouse thing.
- And a Text Reader, such as this fine example called TextAloud.
Price wise you won't find better, and their deals on voices is pretty good as well.

I now make myself available to any writer out there who needs to know how to go about it.
I'm that not hard to find.

Thanks for reading, Jessica: Praise be the ORI.

(Google search the above)

P.S.
you manuscript. (you're right).
but you are are blind. (are: I see).
I write, therefore: you are.
Accurare

Re: Bought Version 4 (Book writers, you won't be disappointed either)

Post by Accurare »

I did google search the ORI, thanks for the enlightening phrase. Your praise compels me to add my voice to the chorus. With a little help from my friends, I am a shouting city of writers, more like a colony, perhaps, as they've all taken up residence in my head - tiny little characters, some slender, some round, and historically, they often tumbled out on the pillow where the head is waking up, and begin to shake their fists at me, some call me names, the shy ones just glare, but now, because of some flips somersaults and other TextAloud moves, such as reading back in convincing passionate voice some questionable treatment of this character or that, I immediately go about remedying a sour note, a wrong turn, or simply making too much noise with words - all the problems that my TextAloud Muse makes plain in a sweet, caring, kind voice, and, being kind, the voice that is Salli is wise. TextAloud, in its rhythmic cadences and its extraordinary treatment of words, has changed my life. There's a new light in the world. Version 4, TextAloud, Revolution.