Foxit Plugin

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

SomeGuy123

Foxit Plugin

Post by SomeGuy123 »

Would it ever be possible for you to add a TA plugin for Foxit PhantomPDF or the free Foxit Reader? Foxit is a much much better alternative to Adobe Acrobat in every way possible. And for the task of reading eBooks it's much better than Office Word too, which TA has a plugin for. I convert my eBooks to Docx just to use TA to read them. Would be great if you ever add a Foxit plugin. Because let's face it, the TA app itself is not suited for reading eBooks.
Jim Bretti

Re: Foxit Plugin

Post by Jim Bretti »

It does seem very possible to do this. Haven't spent any time with it, but It looks like Foxit has a nice SDK available for building add-ons for both PhantomPDF and the free reader. No idea right now when we'll get to it, but we'll definitely keep it in mind.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
SomeGuy123

Post by SomeGuy123 »

Thanks greatly appreciated by me and probably anyone else who uses Foxit and TA.
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

<i>Because let's face it, the TA app itself is not suited for reading eBooks </i>

I would also like a toolbar for reading PDF docs, mainly because converting complicated PDFs to WORD can sometimes give 'odd results'.

I find that the WORD toolbar itself, when combined with the tools available in WORD, is excellent for reading documents or e-books with illustrations and charts. There is a bookmark facility and 'reading selected text' allows reading text boxes. The WORD commenting and insert facilities are also very good.

I note that the free Adobe Reader has a text to speech facility (in the view menu) but without highlighting the current word. I must have a look at the Foxit reader sometime!
Dave UK
xchange

Post by xchange »

Foxit has awful search functionality. Best pdf viever for now is PDF-XChange Viewer