Dictionary "Add" button grayed out

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Spundot

Dictionary "Add" button grayed out

Post by Spundot »

When using spell check, or just right clicking those words underlined with red, the "Add" button is grayed out so I can't add custom words to my spell check dictionary. My custom dictionary is selected as the dictionary source. I have options to "Ignore" and "Ignore All" but not to "Add". Any ideas how I can get that to work again? It has not worked for me since version 3.0.94. I am using v.3.0.96 now. Thanks!
Jim Bretti

Re: Dictionary "Add" button grayed out

Post by Jim Bretti »

I wonder if your custom dictionary may be corrupt, I'm not seeing the problem on test systems here. We did run into some problems in TextAloud related to updating our spell check component, and ended up rolling back the update in version 3.0.94. Its possible this roll back caused may be related to the problem you're having but really don't know.

What happens if you disable your custom dictionary, and add a new one? From the TextAloud menu click Tools -> Advanced Options -> Configure Spell Check. Click the Dictionaries button, at the bottom of the dialog, next to your custom dictionary. On the Dictionaries dialog, disable your current custom dictionary, then click the New button to create a new one. Click the OK button to return to the spell check options dialog, and select the dictionary you just created as your custom dictionary.

Does this get the add button working again?
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Spundot

Re: Dictionary "Add" button grayed out

Post by Spundot »

Thanks Jim, that did indeed fix the problem! The "Add" button is back! :)