Weird pronuciations

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

john.goley

Weird pronuciations

Post by john.goley »

Jim,
I have just come across some very weird pronunciation and dictionary problems with TA3.047
A sentence starts with: The next day John sees Jesus coming…
But it is pronounced as: "Your" next day John sees Jesus coming.
Why would Bridget from NeoSpeech substitute "Your" for "The"?!?!?!?!? Nothing like this has ever happened before.

Then a word in the dictionary is not being applied.
This is the sentence: ...a dove out of heaven; and it abode upon Him.

The problem word is abode. Bridget normally pronounces abode more like “about” so in the dictionary
I substituted abode with “a boad” and she has always pronounced it correctly, such as “He abode (lived) in the town of London.”

Any ideas about what is going on?

John
Jim Bretti

Re: Weird pronuciations

Post by Jim Bretti »

Hi John,

Lets look at the problem with "Your" being substituted for "The" first. If you temporarily disable your pronunciation dictionary(s) do you continue seeing this problem? Also, if you have other voices installed, are you seeing the problem with other voices?
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
john.goley

Re: Weird pronuciations

Post by john.goley »

Jim

Turning off the dic did not help. Using NeoSpeech Paul gave no problems at all. Paul got "The next day..." right and "abode" correct as well. So what I did was, even though these are direct quotes from the KJV Bible, I changed "The next day...." to "The following day..." and Bridget said "The following day..." rather then "Your following day..." So I think it is a combination of "The" followed with a word that starts with "N".

With the word "abode" again Paul got it right, Bridget did not, with or without the dic applied. So I just changed the text to "dwelt" and "stayed" and called it quits.

The reason I am working so hard on this is to create chapter divisions of a book and then writing each chapter to an mp3 for later use and to share with friends. And changing the KJV words to something other than the existing word does not change the meaning.

Now, How do you get a voice to read words spelled the same, and get them correct within the grammtic sturcture?

Such as:
I would like to "read" that book.
I have already "read" that book.

Or

The "wind" is blowing through the trees.
I am going to "wind" up a ball of string.

Can this be done? Or is this wishful thinking?

John