File Name

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

jack Schmidling

File Name

Post by jack Schmidling »

When I "speak to file", I do not get the option of naming the file.

The title appears in the file name but when I load it into a SanDisk, it displays text aloud, time, date, voice and everything but the file name or title.

Using the audio file options I can get rid of some of the garbage but the title then displays as "Unknown".

How do I get it to display the Title?

js
Jim Bretti

Re: File Name

Post by Jim Bretti »

You're referring to the audio tags, right? If not, let me know.

Try this ... display the Audio File Options dialog and click the Audio File Tags tab. For the Title field near the top, use %Title%. This should cause the TextAloud article title to be displayed as the title tag. You can also click the Help button on that dialog to see a complete list of replaceable parameters you an use in these tag fields.

Let me know if that doesn't help or if I misunderstood.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
jack Schmidling

Post by jack Schmidling »

That seemed to work.

Thanks.

Now for a new one.

This may be begging for a new feature but I was going at it from a different angle as a bandaid.

It would be nice if there was some paging system that would allow one to go from some place in the MP3 to that place in the original text to fix something.

As it is, I have to determine the number of lines per minute and then search around that area in the text.

I was looking for an MP3 to text converter but that does not seem straight forward either.

I am now breaking the files into 1 hr segments but I still have no way of knowing where those segments start.

Seems like all the info necessary is there to put the encoder time into the original text as or after it is converted.

Your thoughts,

js

p.s. Is there a manual for V3? All I can find is V2.
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

Why not use the file splitter utility to split the text file. I find that splitting a book by chapters is usually convenient.
You can then use batch conversion on the split file to generate the audio. Each mp3 corresponds to a specific chapter so it's easy to trace errors.
Dave UK