Set up multiple "sets" of otions and toggle a "set" on/off

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

rtrumbore

Set up multiple "sets" of otions and toggle a "set" on/off

Post by rtrumbore »

Hi Jim,

I recently submitted a similar version of the following to email support. Later I thought it best to post here.

Will you please tell me how to set up the following options:

1. When I select text with my mouse do the following:
a. Add selection to TA
b. Set TA to highlight words upon reading
c. Display TA Window in foreground
d. Automatically read the text displayed in TA Window

2. Set up a hotkey to toggle "Automatically read text"disable/enable of (d. above).

Also, can I set up "similar" options sets and activate any one of the sets at my discretion?

Thanks.

Regards,

Richard
Jim Bretti

Re: Set up multiple "sets" of otions and toggle a "set" on/off

Post by Jim Bretti »

Hi Richard,

Try these steps.

1. From the TextAloud Tools menu, select the "Watch Mouse" menu entry ... the menu item should be checked.

2. If you're using the Watch Mouse feature, it is generally best to turn off Watch Clipboard. So uncheck the Watch Clipboard menu entry under the TextAloud Tools menu

3. Click Tools -> TextAloud Options and select the Highlighting tab to configure word highlighting in TextAloud articles. Word highlighting should be enabled by default, but there are some other options available on the Highlighting tab.

4. An 'Automatic Action' is used to bring the TextAloud window to the foreground when an article is created. Click Tools -> Automatic Actions, and click the "Add Action button. For the TextAloud Activity, select "Text Imported To TextAloud", and for the Automatic Action, select "Bring TextAloud Main Window to Foreground".

5. Another automatic action is used to configure TextAloud to automatically start speaking new articles. Add another automatic action, and select "Text Imported To TextAloud" for the TextAloud activity. For the Automatic Action, choose "Speak Article".

There currently is not a hotkey available to toggle the automatic reading, you'll need to enable/disable the automatic action as needed. Just uncheck the Action displayed in the Automatic Actions dialog to temporarily turn off the action.

Let me know if you have questions on any of this or have any problems getting it to work.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com