Bug in "TA3014"

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

LarryLaser

Bug in "TA3014"

Post by LarryLaser »

Don't know what fixes were make that cause this.

In the TA3014 installed on my Win7 x64 Ult. When I open the "Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance", the Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance constantly flashes then hides behind the "TextAloud 3" Main app. If I am running it fullscreen it is difficult to bring up the Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance visable.
Version 3.0.14

* Output audio to left and right channels when speaking text aloud with Sapi5 voices
* Fixed problem using escape key to close pronunciation editor dialog
* Fixed intermittent problem with File Open dialog related to skins enabled
possibly this "* Fixed problem using escape key to close pronunciation editor dialog"

So I had to re-installed the TA3013 back. (This doesn't have that effect).
Jim Bretti

Re: Bug in "TA3014"

Post by Jim Bretti »

I just placed an update at http://www.nextup.com/files/ta3.exe. Can you give this a try and let me know if you're still seeing the problem?
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
LarryLaser

Post by LarryLaser »

Nope, It still does it.

What has been done to cause the flashing and not staying on top??
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

I'm not seeing the problem on any machines here, so not sure why you're seeing this. Can you tell me how you're launching the pronunciation editor? For example, are you clicking Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance under the Tools menu?
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
LarryLaser

Post by LarryLaser »

Hello Jim,

Yes, under the Tools menu, and also double click on a word then right click and select the "Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance", in the "right click" menu, to add a word to the dictionary.

Also I don't know the size of your dictionary, but mine is rather large, (1,568 :mrgreen: ) lines in the ".xml" file, at this time (guess), approximately 97 :?: sets of words in it.
SFCurley

Post by SFCurley »

That's NOT a large dictionary! I've actually got 29,000 lines in my main dictionary, and probably that many lines again scattered among other "sub-dictionaries".
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Another update at http://www.nextup.com/files/ta3.exe. Please see if this helps.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
LarryLaser

Post by LarryLaser »

Hello Jim,

Still a bug.

The "Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance" still flashing, and it does show up in front if you just click it in the "Tools" menu.
But, if I right-click on a word the main-frame "Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance" shows up on top and the addition frame is behind the "Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance" main-frame, and clicking on either nothing works. Clicking on the addition frame, behind the "Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance", it will not come up front. clicking on the "Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance" main-frame just rings (Windows sound, ring).
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Lets try getting some debug information and see if that helps. Duplicate the problem, then do whatever is necessary to get back to the TextAloud main window. Click Help -> Open Data Folder, locate the files TextAloudMP3.dbg, TextAloudMP31.dbg, TextAloudMP32.dbg and TextAloudMP33.dbg, and mail them to me at jim@nextup.com

Also, in your email, please confirm that you don't have any problem if you click Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance under the Tools menu ... just want to make sure I'm following. If you're seeing problems here let me know.

Thanks.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
LarryLaser

Post by LarryLaser »

I Sent you the files and images, Hope they make it, (1.69MB). They are Compressed using the 7Zip. If you need it you can get it here http://www.7-zip.org/

Thanks Jim.