regarding missing Acapella

General discussion forum to talk about various TTS Voices.

Moderators: kdwhite, Jim Bretti, D.Leikin

regarding missing Acapella

Postby tploy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:37 am

I've downloaded and installed
acapella's: Nelly in C:\Program Files (x86)\NextUp-Acapela Multimedia\Engines\USEnglish\Nelly22k
At&t's: Crystal in C:\Program Files (x86)\ATTNaturalVoices\TTS1.4\Desktop\data\en_us
Cepestral's: damien's demo in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cepstral\voices
L&H's: Alex in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\L&H\SpeechEngines\1033\TTS\TTS3000
Microsoft's: Sam in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\SpeechEngines\TTS
Microsoft's: Anna does not show where the files are located
Scansoft's: Kyoko in C:\Program Files (x86)\NextUp-ScanSoft\speech\components\data
and also ran the update to text aloud 3.0.8 from 2.x which installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\TextAloud
but when I check which available TTS engines I have in windows vista home pro 64's control pannel, it only lists Microsoft Anna so evidently somthing is not communicating properly, What do i need to do to get things working correctly?
tploy

Re: regarding missing Acapella

Postby Dyant » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:52 pm

I had the same problem at one time. I right clicked on TextAloud Icon, properties, compatability and checked run as administrator and then all of my voices showed up. Try that and see if it works.
D. Yant
Dyant

Re: regarding missing Acapella

Postby tploy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:43 pm

Dyant wrote:I had the same problem at one time. I right clicked on TextAloud Icon, properties, compatability and checked run as administrator and then all of my voices showed up. Try that and see if it works.

Well I just tried running the program as an administrator class program, but, there was no change. it shows all the AT&T Voices, the Cepestral Demo Voices, the L&H Voices, The Microsoft Voices, and the Scan Soft Voices, but not the Acapella Voices, so that wasn't the problem. I wonder if there is a registry edit solution, and if so, what is it? Help me anyone?
tploy

Return to Voices Forum