email spelled out

NextUp Talker is a Text To Speech application specifically designed for people who have temporarily or permanently lost their voice. With natural, human sounding voices and convenient shortcuts to quickly enter commonly used sentences and phrases, NextUp Talker allows you to easily communicate with others despite vocal impairments.

Moderators: D.Leikin, kdwhite, Jim Bretti

eengstrom

email spelled out

Post by eengstrom »

I want to be able to spell my email address. Inquiries are frequent and I usually have to spell it because of the contents. Particularly bad are e, p, r, t, y and z. No surprise there but does anyone have any suggestions? I could always use echo, bravo, etc. but I wondered if there might be another way.
Evan Engstrom
D.Leikin

Post by D.Leikin »

Hi Evan,

If you don't mind specifying which voice you are using it would help find a solution, since some voices require individual approach.
eengstrom

email spelled out

Post by eengstrom »

Right now I'm just using the supplied voices. I'm waiting on premium Kate & Paul to be delivered. Depending on results, I may end up with Ray, AT&T. For specific things like this spelling issue I wouldn't object to using another specific voice that happened to really do the alphabet well; male or female, but probably not the dog TTF. Thanks.
Evan Engstrom
D.Leikin

Post by D.Leikin »

If you need just one email (e.g., abc@domain.com) spelled out you can put it as

a, b, c, at, d, o, m, a, i, n, dot com

You can also create the following entry in Pronunciation editor

Word: abc@domain.com
Pronunciation: a, b, c, at, d, o, m, a, i, n, dot com

so that every time "abc@domain.com" occurs in text, it would automatically get spelled out as if it was written as "a, b, c, at, d, o, m, a, i, n, dot com".

Some voices may require changing the letter "a" to something like "aey" in order to be pronounced correctly

aey, b, c, at, d, o, m, aey, i, n, dot com
eengstrom

Done!

Post by eengstrom »

Loaded premium NeoSpeech Paul and every letter was perfect except t and tea fixed that.
Evan Engstrom