I just recently switched from Windows XP to Vista. Whenever I convert an ebook to audio, I build a User Translation file in the Pronunciation Editor. When I'm finished with that book, I replace the UserTranslations.chl file in the Textaloud program folder with an older version of the file that has certain basic edits in it, but not a bunch of new translations from the last ebook.
Here's the problem: I just replaced the UserTranslations file as usual, but when I opened Text Aloud it still had all the latest edits and words in it, which I wanted gone. Amazingly, when I checked the UserTranslation.chl file, it was the old base version that I wanted. Somehow the program is still using a translation file that doesn't exist in the folder, or maybe user translations are stored somewhere else. I'm worried I've just corrupted the program or something.
I've tried restarting Text aloud and the computer several times. Also, I should mention I'm using Version 2.310.