I've been listening to a lengthy fantasy series that I converted to text. It has a ton of strangely spelled names that Neospeech Paul and Kate had some trouble with. In an effort to get better pronunciations, I tried tinkering with the basic pronunciation editor. Instead of respelling the words, I tried something a little different by entering in the phonemes like in the advanced editor.
For example, for the name Aemon, I entered <pron sym="ey m ax n"/>
I did this for dozens (no, make that hundreds) of unusual names. Then I did some test sentences, and what I found was that the editted names sounded clipped at the beginning and end of the word. Almost as if the program does not recognize it as a word. In fact, if I strung two or more of these names together, instead of sounding like a series of names, it sounded like just one long name. Obviously there is something missing.
I tried adding a semicolon after the last ">" in the pronunciation field, but that just gives an unacceptably long pause after the word.